West Ender's light up Bradford
Do you remember a few months ago we had visiting Artist Alison who was in the centre with us? We were honoured to be asked to help construct some parts for Alison’s installation for The Bradford Festival of Light. Our Art group took on the challenge and threw themselves into this project, under Alison’s guidance.
West Enders friends old and new took a trip into Bradford Town Centre on Friday evening to see the finished work all lit up. The group arranged the meeting time and place, some brought their families along as they wanted to so them what they had been doing at the centre. It was very nice to meet up with Alison again.
A great evening was had by all!!
· Rodney shared “lovely to meet friends from the centre outside and see their hard work. Very impressive and nice to meet new people”.
· Rozina “Really enjoyed looking at display and been with friends. Nice to walk around Bradford Centre with my friends from the centre. I wouldn’t have gone otherwise”.
· Stephen “Nice atmosphere and great to see the work we done.”
· Mary “Nice to see Stephen’s work and his friends from the centre “
· Sandra “Very nice and Interesting”
· Richard and Kay “The display by Midlands Hotel were the best and great to see the display all lite up “
· Diana “Could not stop smiling seeing all the work that different community groups have done come together.
· Maureen” looks great and so much more than I expected. Nice to bring my family to have a look. Would not have done without the West end centre”.
We would like to thank Alison for the opportunity to take part in the light festival 2023. Everyone shared they would love to be part of it again in the future.