- West End Centre
Lorna's home remedy for all that ails you
Lorna has very kindly given us her own recipe for the remedy which she has used for years to fight colds and flu. Obviously this has not passed rigorous medical testing but has centuries of human trials. It may not work for everyone but it might be worth a go!
Ingredients (amounts can be changed to suit your tastes)
2 Red onions (can use white but not as good)
6 Gloves of Garlic
3 Cups of Water
Lime/Lemon or Grapefruit Juice (optional)
1. Wash the onions important to leave the skins on
2. Wash the garlic skin on and mash up
3. Wash some ginger skin on chop up
4. Place all in a pan of boiling water and turn down to simmer for 5 minutes
5. Strain the liquid add a spoon of honey and lime/lemon or grapefruit juice if required
The liquid should be drank warm and can be stored in the fridge for 2 days.