- Fran and Adam
Make Summat Outta Nowt #4 Short and Sweets
So, I've had a couple of requests for really quick and easy sweet treats, something comforting to help us through these strange days-so here goes. Just don't blame me if the only thing that fits when this is over are your Pyjamas!
This first recipe came from my son Adam, sweet treats are way down my list of priorities when i'm shopping, so he's had to learn to fend for himself from a young age! There's also a great recipe for doughnut eggy bread, yum.
Microwave Mug Muffin
4 tablespoons self raising flour
4 tablespoons of caster sugar
3 tablespoons of milk
3 tablespoons of oil
1. Put the flour and sugar in a big mug and mix
2. Add the egg and mix up as much as you can with a fork
3. Add the oil and milk and mix until smooth
4. Cook for 1 1/2 -2 minutes in the microwave
Add cocoa powder or spread before cooking for chocolate cake
Add a dollop of golden syrup for treacle sponge or jam for jam sponge
Add chocolate chips, fruit or whatever you want really. Have fun experimenting!
Doughnut Eggy Bread
2 slices of bread, cut into quarters
oil/butter for frying
1. Mix egg, a couple of drops of vanilla and a teaspoon of sugar.
2. Heat oil/butter in a frying pan
3. Dip each piece of bread into the egg mix, making sure it is covered, then carefully place in the pan, fry on both sides until golden brown.
4. Sprinkle with sugar and enjoy while hot!
33 tablespoons oil